Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Frankfurt

Grab your lederhosen! As the title suggests, we (Benny, Justin and I) are currently in Frankfurt, Germany awaiting our connecting flight. Let me be the first to say that the Frankfurt airport is set up in a completely illogical way. Anyway, the flight to FRA from ORD was pretty standard. Although, the plane was over half empty, so there was quite a lot of room to sprawl out, and we didn't have to breath the air of too many other people.

After much consideration, we decided to not go into the city. And when I say "much consideration" I mean a 90 second conversation between the three of us who don't speak the language, know the area, or had the desire to run around the city. Instead, we ran around the airport for a little bit, contemplated buying an $1800 bottle of scotch, and sat down. And kept sitting. And then had a beer. When in Frankfurt...

On that note, as we were walking around the airport at 10:00 am, I was kind of surprised seeing so many people drinking this early in the morning. Having been to Europe many times, it just took me back and reminded me that we are definitely not in the states anymore.

T minus 5 hours till Florence.

From Frankfurt with love,

Joel

PS. If you want to communicate with me (regardless of whether you have an iPhone or not), please use an app called WhatsApp.

No comments:

Post a Comment